Saturday 19 February 2011

DAILY TEST

Complete the sentences by using reading texts following.

My City

My city, Huanzu, is a famous and beautiful city in China, and it is famous all over the world. It is set between the river and West Lake. Several hills spread around West Lake, and some mountains stand by the river. These give the city many beautiful scenes, and so Huanzu is famous for its beauty. It is beautiful in the spring when the trees bud green and the peach trees flower with their red blossoms. It is beautiful in the fall when the leaves turn yellow and red. And it is beautiful in the winter when the snow gives white clothes to the mountains. So Huanzu is beautiful all year. It is beautiful when the sunshine is bright because the hills make shadows in the lake. It is beautiful when the rain falls and makes the frogs rise from the lake. My city is always beautiful.
1.       The paragraph mainly tells us about……………………………………………………………….
2.       The city looks beautiful by the trees bud green and  the peach flower with their red blossom
in ……………………………..
3.       The description of the text is ………………………………………………………………………………………………………
4.       The bright sunshine makes The city look beautiful by …………………………………………………………………
5.        The most tenses use in the text is ………………………………………………………………………………………………
My Bedroom
My bedroom is at the back part of the house. It is only three meters long and two and half meters wide. Both the door and the small window face a narrow corridor. There is a bed across from the door. A table and an old chair stand near the window. On the wall above the table a ten-Watt tube lamp lights the room and functions as a reading lamp as well. In the corner near the table there is a small cupboard where I put my clothes and some of my books, especially the old ones. Although the room is not large, I live comfortably in it.
1.       The functions of the lamp in the bed room are………….………………………..……………………………………….
2.       The size of my bed room is not large. It is …………………………………………………………………………………….
3.       The identification of the text is ……………………………………………………………….……………………………………
4.       The things I can find in my bed room are …………………….………………………………………………………………
5.        We can see something behind my house and I feel comfortable with it …..………………………….……
Change the sentences into other tenses and add question tag as following!
1.       Your close friends made special thing.
a.       Present simple ( + )
b.      Present continuous ( ? )
c.       Past simple ( ? )
d.      Present perfect ( + )
2.       Their teacher isn’t giving punishment to  him
e.       Past simple (+ )
f.        Present simple ( + )
g.       Present perfect ( - )
h.      Present continuous (?)
3.       I and my friends are the best in the school.
i.         Present simple ( ? )
j.        Present continuous (-)
k.       Present perfect (? )
l.         Past simple (- )

My Hometown

Jogjakarta is the second biggest province city and in my country, Indonesia, and I live in this city. It is a beautiful city, and people there are very kind and polite. Tourists like to visit my city because of  friendly people and beautiful tourism objects. When I walk down the Marlboro, the largest street, I see the beautiful street shops, and the beautiful green grass and trees. In dry season, the flowers grow in many colors: yellow, red, and blue. The most beautiful scene is the white birds, I can enjoy the Parang tritis beach, a very big flock of birds migrates to this place. I watch them while they skillfully fish from the sea. The birds watch the fish, and they wait patiently for a long time. When the fish come to the surface, they fly quickly and catch them. In the school holiday, the city looks like a very old man because the trashes of the visitors found anywhere easily but I can still have sightseeing around wonderful  Jogjakarta Palace. That is my city, and I think it is the most beautiful city in the world.

1.       The reasons tourist like to come are …………………………………………….
2.       I watch them while they skillfully fish from the sea – the word “them” refers to ………………………..
3.       The description of the text is ……………………………………………………………………………………………
4.       The city looks like old man when …………………………………………………………………
5.        The tourism object that tourist can have sightseeing and get souvenirs in …………………………………
My friends
I have good friends. They are Sara and Katie. Sara and Katie are sisters. Sara is 9 years old. Katie is 11 years old. Katie is tall and has curly brown hair. Sara is short. She has straight blond hair. Sara likes to go to the zoo. She gets excited when she sees all the different animals. Katie likes to go to the zoo, too. She doesn’t like all the animals. She gets scared when she sees the snakes. The sisters think its fun to go to the zoo.

1.       The elder sister of my friend is ………….………………………..……………………………………….
2.       Katie likes all animals or no …………………………………………………………………………………….
3.       The identification of the text is …………………………………………………………………………………………
4.       The difference between Sara and Katie when they meet kind of animals are …………………………
5.       The writer of the text is …………………………………..
 Change the sentences into other tenses and add question tag as following!
1.       Her teacher flies to England twice a month.
a.       Present simple ( - ) …………………………………………………………………………….…………..
b.       Present continuous ( +)……………………………………………………………………..……………
c.       Past simple ( + )……………………………………………………………………….…….…………….
d.       Present perfect ( -)………………………………………………………………………………….……..
2.       I and my best friend were in Jogjakarta last holiday
e.        Past simple (? )………………………………………………………………………………….………..
f.        Present perfect + ) ……………………………………………………………………………….………..
g.       Present continuous (?)…………………………………………………………………………….……….
3.       His father drove a car to countryside.
h.       Present simple ( ? )………………………………………………………………………………….……..
i.         Present continuous (-)…………………………………………………………………………………...
j.        Present perfect (+ )…………………………………………………………………………

No comments: